So What exactly have been up to?
Firstly, huge congratulations to the winners of all the giveaways we held in June!
We were thrilled to have given away some fantastic prizes, and here's a quick recap of just what was up for grabs:
- We had two amazing Father's Day competitions in conjunction with RTE we were able to give one lucky winner a Ted Baker Voucher, Dinner at Shanahan's on the Green & a stay in the luxurious Fitzwilliam Hotel.
- We also gave away a driving experience in Rally School Ireland and an overnight stay in the Castle Leslie Estate, Monaghan to one lucky Twitter user.
- Finally, we were delighted to send one lucky winner to see Tiesto in Belfast in August!
Stay tuned! There are many more competitions to come.
For the Perfect Up-Do
Dusted is a Styling Powder Perfect for Long Style, Pomps, Quiffs or any style that require Volume or Texture with a Matte Finish. Dusted is a Unisex Product. Only €14.95
With Summer in full swing, why not change up your look? This month we look at the hair of the one and only Robert Downey Jr. We look at a career retrospective but most importantly, we look at his style throughout the ages and we discuss how to achieve one of his most iconic looks.
Robert John Downey Jr. (born April 4, 1965) is an American actor. His career has included critical and popular success in his youth, followed by a period of substance abuse and legal troubles, and a resurgence of commercial success in middle age.
When his parents divorced in 1978, Downey moved to California with his father, but in 1982 he dropped out of Santa Monica High School and moved back to New York to pursue an acting career full-time.
Despite all of his success in film, until 2008 Downey had never starred in a movie considered a blockbuster. That was all about to change when he landed the role of Tony Stark in the movie Ironman. This movie was the beginning of a multi-year, multi-movie deal to become one of the faces of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and to date he has appeared as Ironman in 3 feature films, been a supporting character in The Avengers & Avengers 2 and will be appearing in the upcoming reboot of Spiderman, titled Spiderman: Homecoming.
For three consecutive years from 2012 to 2015, Downey has topped the Forbes list of Hollywood's highest-paid actors, making an estimated $80 million in earnings between June 2014 and June 2015.
How to Achieve the Robert Downey Jr's Medium Wavy look.
- Shampoo your hair using The Grafton Barber D2 Re-build Peppermint Protein Thickening Shampoo – ideally leave the rebuild on your scalp for a couple of minutes while you shower. Our D2 Re-build Shampoo is useful for preventing hair loss & making the hair look thicker and fuller. Condition your hair using The Grafton Barber D3 Re-construct Coconut Protein Conditioner. For best results comb through then leave for a minimum of one minute & rinse thoroughly. The Benefits of using Our Re- construct conditioner is it combats oily scalp. Now your hair is product free.
- Use 2-3 sprays of The Grafton Barber Volumed thickening & texture spray - spray directly on the scalp & use a comb to distribute the product evenly. Using a vent brush & your hairdryer on medium heat start from the crown and blow dry the hair in backward motions & repeat this step in order to get as much root lift as possible. Continue the same motion until hair is dry & very volumised.
- Separate the hair into multiple sections & sprinkle The Grafton Barber Dusted throughout these sections to add extra volume that will last. Shake the product through the hair using your fingers to distribute the product & get rid of excess product - also using your hands gives a disheveled feel to the hairstyle. Finally to lock that style into place use The Grafton Barber Maxed Hairspray spray 6-7 inches from the hair. Style it, Fix it, Leave it.
All full-time courses include 6 weeks work experience in one of our Grafton Barber shops which could lead to possible employment. It is a beginners’ course for participants of all ages who would like to enter the barbering industry.
Here is a list of the upcoming courses, book now to avoid disappointment!
FULL TIME: Commences August 14th and will run for six weeks.
PART TIME: Commences September 4th and will run for twelve weeks.
- Call Siobhan on 01-6729125 or 087-2215143 now for more information and prices
10% off for early booking
• SPECIAL RATES FOR LARGE GROUPS, SCHOOLS & COLLEGES
• ASK ABOUT OUR PAYMENT PLANS
• HOT TOWEL SHAVING ONE DAY WORKSHOPS
If you haven’t yet, check out our weekly article by our friends over at Extra.ie, which offers some essential style tips to get you through the Summer with each week highlighting a can't-miss event and exactly how to equip yourself for it.
It’s a must read for the gentleman on the move!
You can find an archive of all of the articles to date here
The Bath Charity Cycle
The annual Bath Charity Cycle between Ringsend and Howth is taking place Saturday the 8th of July. It is always great fun and a relatively relaxed work out for both occasional and regular cyclists as the route is practically completely on the flat!
And it’s all in aid of two great causes Aware Ireland and the Christine Buckley Centre.
Cycle: To Howth and back again. Refreshments will be served in Howth and at the finish at the Bath Pub where all involved will enjoy complimentary pints, Base pizza & craic! Look out for the raffle too with ticket giveaways to festivals, concerts and vouchers to some of the best restaurants and bars in Dublin.
For more information contact Jane - 0872256514 or email email@example.com
You can find more information about it here